Top 10 Facts – Costa Rica // Top Facts
These and other interesting Top Facts you can know in this channel.
1. While Costa Rica takes up only 0,3% of the world’s land space, it possesses fully 4% of all known living species of flora and fauna and is one of the top 20 countries with the greatest biodiversity in the world.
2. The most deadly snake in Costa Rica is the ground-dwelling fer—de—lance, a 9.8—foot— (3—m—) long pit viper than accounts for more than 80% of fatal snake bites in Costa Rica.
3. Costa Rica is the second largest exporter of bananas in the world, after Ecuador.
4. Oscar Arias Sanchez, the president of Costa Rica from 1986-1990 and again from 2006-2010, won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1987 for his work in trying to end the crisis in Central America.
5. Native to Costa Rica, the basilisk, a small semi-aquatic lizard which rears onto its hind legs and appears to run across the surface of the water when it is alarmed, has been given the nickname “Jesus Christ lizard.”
6. The sun rises and sets in Costa Rica at the same time every day 365 days a year, due to its close proximity to the equator
7. Geovanny Escalante, a Costa Rican saxophonist for the band Marfil, broke Kenny G’s world record for holding a single saxophone note in 1998. He held the note for 90 minutes and 45 seconds, nearly doubling Kenny G’s time.
8. In Costa Rica, speed bumps are called son muertos, or dead persons.
9. Costa Rican currency is officially called the colon, but Costa Ricans often use the word harina (flour) to refer to their money as well.
10. Arenal Volcano, at 5,479 feet (1,670 m), last erupted in 2010. It is the most active volcano in Costa Rica and one of the most active in the world. In 1968, Arenal erupted and destroyed the town of Tabacon.
1. Facts about Turkey
2. Facts about Saudi Arabia
THANKS FOR WATCHING!
My Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/topfactsyoutube
Please Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXv09txvJQyyDM27SeMwVVw?sub_confirmation=1