1. Wide view of people watching match as television announcer comments on Germany goal
2. Mid view of people watching match
3. Close up of fan reacting to missed Costa Rica goal
4. Mid view of viewers insulting the screen
5. Pull out of people cheering as Costa Rica scores goal
6. Close up of fan cheering for “Ticos” (slang for Costa Ricans)
7. Close up of man with whistle and hat in the shape of a football
8. Wide of people looking at monitor
9. Close up of boy covering his mouth as Costa Rica misses attempted goal
10. Wide of people insulting monitor and looking disappointed as Germany scores goal AUDIO of announcer yelling “goal”
11. Close up boy with baseball cap and earrings looking disappointed
12. Close up of upset man with headband
13. Reverse wide shot of people watching match on monitor
14. Wide of people in Central Avenue watching match
15. Close up of girl with Costa Rican flag painted on her cheek
16. Mid view of little girl on man’s shoulders during match
17. Pull out of people cheering for Costa Rican team at the end of the match
18. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Voxpop, Costa Rica fan:
“I was hoping for a tie, but I still think we played really well. I think that we can only play better in the others (referring to the remaining matches).”
19. Mid view of fans posing for photo
20. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Voxpop, Costa Rica fan:
“I thought we played very well, we were not just the Cinderella team as many other countries said. We showed Germany and the world that we can play.”
21. Various of calm streets of San Jose after match
Thousands of fans took to the streets of San Jose on Friday to watch the Costa Rican national football team take on World Cup hosts Germany in the opening match of the tournament.
It was standing room only in one street as fans young and old gathered to watch the game on a big screen.
There were cheers and celebrations as Costa Rica scored its two goals against the hosts, but to the dismay of their loyal supporters, they lost to Germany 4-2.
“I was hoping for a tie, but I still think we played really well,” said one loyal fan.
Another supporter agreed that Costa Rica had played a good match, despite the outcome. “We were not just the Cinderella team as many other countries said. We showed Germany and the world that we can play,” he said.
Keyword-world cup 2006
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/3e21bf0235c1e9b8bb1b86d3981a8860
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork